The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7A,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7A.30, adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005),
3. Commends the State Party for the actions taken to protect and preserve the World Heritage site of Chan Chan Archaeological Zone, in particular the progress made with regard to reducing the water level at the property and the restoration of the buildings;
4. Congratulates the State Party for the efforts made to solve the problem of the resettlement of the occupants and farmers away from the property;
5. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2007, a report on the process of resettlement of the farmers and their sustainable livelihood, as well as progress on the stabilization of the phreatic levels in the property, and the results obtained within the framework of the International Assistance provided under the World Heritage Fund, for examination by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007;
6. Requests the State Party to invite a joint World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS/ICCROM mission to assess the state of conservation of the property, determine prioritized benchmarks for corrective measures and time-frames needed for the removal of the property from the List of World Heritage in Danger, and those needed for the continuing sustainability and its continuous monitoring, together with the necessary technical training;
7. Decides to retain Chan Chan Archaeological Zone (Peru) on the List of World Heritage in Danger.