Business Planning for World Heritage Site Managers - a Toolkit
This project focused on strengthening the business planning capacity of non-profit organisations (government agencies, NGOs) charged with the responsibility for the management and protection of natural World Heritage sites that are currently under some degree of threat. It also had as an objective the development of a business planning toolkit for natural World Heritage site managers. The pilot project tested the relevance and impact of transferring core business skills to the managers of 4 natural World Heritage sites located in developing and middle income countries.
Download the toolkit
"Business Planning for Natural World Heritage Sites - A Toolkit"
A follow-up agreement between UNESCO, Earthwatch and Shell has led to the launching of a 5 year field level capacity building initiative during which site managers from up to 15 natural World Heritage sites will receive training from Shell executives on business planning, followed by a one year monitoring and support effort.
- Earth Skills Network training opportunities for African protected areas: Closing date 3 February 2019 08-Jan-2019
- Earth Skills Network training opportunities for African protected areas: Closing date 24 February 2018 06-Feb-2018
- Call for Applications: 2017 Business Skills for Protected Areas in Africa - deadline 24 February 2017 31-Jan-2017
- World Heritage Candidates announced for 2013 Business Planning Programme 11-Jun-2013
- 3rd annual Business Skills for Natural World Heritage Site manager training event held 29-Nov-2011