Originally published in 2007 in English, this publication has now been reprinted for the third time in English and translated into French, Spanish and Arabic. It presents twenty-six case studies from selected natural and cultural World Heritage sites in order to illustrate the impacts of climate change that have already been observed, and those that can be expected in the future. This is a foundation publication for the study of the effects of climate change that can be useful to experts as well as the general public. The original publication was funded by the United Nations Foundation and the UK Department for Culture, Media and Sport, while the third English edition and the translation and printing of the French and Spanish versions were made possible by a financial contribution from the Flemish and Spanish Funds-in-Trust. The Arabic version of this publication has generously been funded by the Ministry of Culture of the Kingdom of Bahrain in collaboration with the Arab Regional Centre for World Heritage (ARC-WH).
- UNESCO publishes a practical guide on climate change adaptation for natural World Heritage sites 21-May-2014
- Call for Posters on World Heritage Cities and Climate Change for the 11th OWHC World Congress 22-Mar-2011
- Experts engage with climate change education at international seminar, UNESCO HQ, Paris, 27-29 July 31-Jul-2009
- Case Studies on Climate Change and World Heritage English, French and Spanish UNESCO World Heritage Centre 31-Jul-2009
- Policy Document on the Impacts of Climate Change on World Heritage sites Published 06-Jun-2008
- Workshop: Climate Change and Cultural Heritage 14-May-2009-16-May-2009