In the framework of the implementation of the Second Cycle of the Periodic Reporting in Europe and North America, the National Focal Points for Periodic Reporting from the Mediterranean Europe sub-region met in Florence, Italy from 17 to 18 September 2013.
The workshop included a practical training session on the use of the Periodic Reporting questionnaire, illustrating the online tools to Focal Points of Mediterranean Europe sub-region of Group B (Andorra, Cyprus, Greece, Holy See, Israel, Italy, Malta, Portugal, San Marino, Spain and Turkey).
For countries with cultural and natural World Heritage properties, the participation of both the Focal Point for cultural World Heritage as well as the Focal Point for natural World Heritage was recommended.
After this meeting, national Focal Points are expected to organise national workshops and act as trainers in further seminars with national authorities and site managers, in order to facilitate the completion of the Periodic Reporting online questionnaires. The national Focal Points for Periodic Reporting should be in charge of the overall coordination of the reporting, including the collaboration with site managers and other relevant national and local authorities, throughout the whole process of the Periodic Reporting exercise.
This workshop is hosted by Italy and is organized in collaboration with the World Heritage Centre.
- Procedures for boundary clarifications, minor boundary modifications, name changes and criteria changes
- Significant boundary modifications
- Blueprint Capacity-Building Strategy for Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe
- Handbook for Site Managers: English , Español Français
- The Periodic Reporting platform and technical features of the online questionnaire
- World Heritage Capacity-Building Strategy and sub-regional strategies
- Special focus on Retrospective Statements of OUV: process and timeline
- Managing World Heritage properties: the role of Statements of OUV and attributes