Periodic Reporting 2nd Cycle
Europe and North America region (2012-2015)
In Europe, 49 States Parties and 432 World Heritage properties (382 cultural, 41 natural, 9 mixed) participated in the Second Cycle of the Periodic Reporting Exercise (2012-2015).
The exercise was coordinated by the World Heritage Centre’s Europe and North America Unit, and implemented in close cooperation with National Focal Points, Site Managers, the Advisory Bodies, as well as the Nordic World Heritage Foundation and individual consultants.
As part of the exercise, a Framework Action Plan was developed in a participative manner by National Focal Points for World Heritage, Periodic Reporting Experts Team, Advisory Bodies and the World Heritage Centre during the Final Meeting on the Second Cycle of Periodic Reporting in Europe (Helsinki, 1 December - 2 December 2014).
The Second Cycle Periodic Report and the Helsinki Framework Action Plan will be examined by the World Heritage Committee at its 39th session (Bonn, 28 June – 8 July 2015).
About Periodic Reporting
The purpose of the Periodic Reporting Exercise is to give key stakeholders the opportunity to reflect on the implementation of the World Heritage Convention in Europe and to take stock of the state of affairs relating to the conservation, protection and management of World Heritage sites at the regional, national and the site level.
Why Periodic Reporting?
- Workshop on the Integrated Management of UNESCO Designations at the International Academy on Sustainable Development 08-Oct-2017-13-Oct-2017
- Second Meeting of European World Heritage Associations 20-Oct-2016-21-Oct-2016
- Promotional meeting for the Polish edition of “Managing Cultural World Heritage – World Heritage resource manual” 25-Nov-2015-26-Nov-2015
- First meeting of World Heritage Associations in Europe in Strasbourg, France 15-Oct-2015-16-Oct-2015
- Conclusion of the Second Cycle of Periodic Reporting in Europe and North America 06-Jul-2015-06-Jul-2015