The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC-15/39.COM/10A,
- Recalling Decision 38 COM 10A.1, adopted at its 38th session (Doha, 2014),
- Welcomes the preparation of the Action Plan by the World Heritage Focal Points from North America, illustrating the close cooperation between the two States Parties of Canada and the United States of America, and takes note of the efforts to further strengthen the cooperation with the State Party of Mexico for a number of the proposed actions taking into consideration the shared natural and cultural heritage of the three States Parties;
- Acknowledges and endorses the Second Cycle Action Plan for the sub-region of North America and its five result areas (Future Tentative Lists; Strategies for public information and outreach about World Heritage; Increased communication and cooperation between World Heritage site managers throughout the sub-region; International Assistance to World Heritage properties; Integration into existing areas of sub-regional cooperation);
- Commends the States Parties for their efforts to continue the work undertaken in the framework of the Retrospective Inventory and the preparation of the Retrospective Statements of Outstanding Universal Value, and encourages the States Parties to finalise this important work in the best of time;
- Takes note of the proposed timeframe of five years for the implementation of the Periodic Reporting Action Plan for North America, and requests the States Parties of Canada and United States of America to submit a progress report on the implementation of the Action Plan to the World Heritage Centre, for presentation to the World Heritage Committee at its 40th session in 2016.