UNESCO World Heritage sites iPhone and iPad Application from HarperCollins
UNESCO and HarperCollins Publishers are pleased to announce the release of the world's first fully comprehensive World Heritage sites application (app) for iPhone and iPad.
This UNESCO-authorised app provides a guide to all 911 UNESCO World Heritage sites, incorporating the 21 newly-inscribed sites announced in July 2010, including the Rainforests of Atsinanana in Madagascar and Papahānaumokuākea in USA. The app will be updated yearly as new World Heritage sites are inscribed.
With information taken directly from the UNESCO guide book - The World's Heritage, published by HarperCollins - this new app serves as a complete guide to the most extraordinary places on Earth.
Key features include:
- Location maps of all sites
- Over 650 images
- The ability to view and search for sites by name, country or classification - perfect for planning an upcoming visit to a foreign country
- A 'favourites' facility, allowing users to bookmark specific sites and plot them on Google Maps
- Sites classified as cultural, natural or mixed sites
- Fully optimised for viewing on the iPad
- Links are provided to UNESCO.org for further information and images for each site
A video demonstration of the app can be viewed here.
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Requires iOS 3.1 or later.
Available on iTunes.
Other news (1)
- The World's Heritage co-published by UNESCO and Collins Thursday, March 1, 2012
Monday, May 16, 2011