The 2nd workshop obtained excellent feedback from the fifteen Arab trainees nominated by their governments. Experts were again brought in from leading international institutions, including:
- Department of Geography, University of Ghent
- R. Lemaire International Centre for Conservation, University of Leuven
- WCMC, the World Conservation Monitoring Centre
- University of California, Berkeley
- Centre for Documentation of the Cultural and Natural Heritage, Egypt
The students became versed in skills from GIS mapping to periodic reporting requirements and the use of total stations, GPS and dGPS receivers, satellite mapping, and digital documentation. The representation of the Belgian Government in Tunisia participated in several activities..