Decision : 37 COM 5C
Summary and Follow-up of the Director General’s meeting on “The World Heritage Convention: Thinking Ahead” (UNESCO HQs, 2-3 October 2012)
The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC-13/37.COM/5C;
- Recalling Decisions 33 COM 5A, 34 COM 5C, 35 COM 5D and 36 COM 12B adopted at its 33rd (Seville, 2009), 34th (Brasilia, 2010), 35th (UNESCO, 2011) and 36th (Saint Petersburg, 2012) sessions respectively,
- Takes note of the Summary of the Director General’s meeting on “The World Heritage Convention : Thinking Ahead” (UNESCO HQs, 2-3 October 2012);
- Acknowledges the follow-up actions already undertaken and urges to pursue efforts in the framework of the implementation plans of the UNESCO External Auditor and of the Strategic Action Plan 2012-2022 which will be presented to the General Assembly at its 19th session in 2013;
- Encourages all parties concerned to further enhance and improve dialogue and communication within the framework of the implementation of the Convention’s mechanisms and requests the World Heritage Centre to present a plan and a report on the actions taken and progress achieved at the 38th session of the World Heritage Committee in 2014.