The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/11C,
2. Recalling Decisions 30 COM 11A.1, 30 COM 11A.2, 31 COM 11A.1 and 31 COM 11.A.2 adopted at its 30th (Vilnius, 2006) and 31st (Christchurch, 2007) sessions respectively,
3. Takes note of the results of the subregional meetings on the follow-up to Periodic Reporting for "Central and Eastern Europe" (Wroclaw, Poland, September 2007) as well as for "Mediterranean and South Eastern Europe" (Corfu, Greece, April 2008), and further notes that a number of training initiatives were financed through extrabudgetary sources
4. Encourages the European States Parties to continue to submit any changes to names, criteria, boundaries and draft statements of significance/Outstanding Universal Value as soon as possible;
5. Recommends that States Parties, Advisory Bodies and the World Heritage Centre continue their collaboration in addressing any outstanding issues, in particular with focused follow-up meetings and training exercises;
6. Thanks the Greek authorities for having hosted the Mediterranean and South-Eastern European Meeting in Corfu, Greece, 18-19 April 2008, and the Spanish authorities for having organized the Iberian Meeting in Plasencia, Spain, 2-4 April 2008, and welcomes the offer of the Portuguese authorities to host a meeting for Mediterranean Europe in spring 2009;
7. Requests the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies to prepare a progress report on the follow-up to the European Periodic Report and on the preparations for the next cycle for Europe and North America for examination by the Committee at its 34th session in 2010.