World Heritage Programmes
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Recalling Document WHC-2000/CONF.204/7, that summarises the results of the Periodic Reporting Exercise for the Arab Region,;
2. Approves the Regional Programme for the Arab Region, contained in Document WHC-03/27..COM/INF.20B;
3. Recommends that the Assistance Modules and the proposed projects be further designed in collaboration with the Advisory Bodies and the competent national and regional partners;
4. Encourages the States Parties of the Arab Region, in conformity with the regional Programme strategy, to develop in close collaboration with the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies, national programmes for its implementation;
5. Decides to allocate US$ 80,000 for 2004-2005 from the World Heritage Fund as seed money to launch the Programme and encourages the World Heritage Centre to seek extrabudgetary funds for the implementation of the proposed programme activities;
6. Requests the Secretariat to prepare a report for the 31st session of the Committee in 2007, on progress achieved in the Regional Programme for the Arab States.