27 COM 7B.94
Historic Centre of Puebla (Mexico)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Taking note of the information provided,;
2. Noting with regret the demolition of three houses,;
3. Encourages the State Party to enhance the participation of local organisations and associations in finalising the Integral Plan for the Rehabiliation of the Historic Centre of Puebla and, to ensure that full respect of the urban and architectural heritage of the historic centre, and further encourages the State Party to remain vigilant with regard to the content and objectives of the Plan;
4. Commends the establishment of a working group involving the Municipality and Instituto Nacional de Antropologia e Historia (INAH);
5. Requests the Mexican authorities to provide a detailed monitoring report to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2004 in order that the World Heritage Committee can examine the state of conservation of the property at its 28th session in 2004.