Resolution : 20 GA 6
Elections to the World Heritage Committee
The General Assembly,
- Having examined Documents WHC-15/20.GA/6, WHC-15/20.GA/INF.6A.Rev, WHC-15/20.GA/INF.6B and WHC-15/20.GA/INF.6C,
- Recalling Resolution 1 EXT.GA 3, adopted at its 1st extraordinary session (UNESCO, 2014), and in particular its paragraph 6 which requested the General Assembly of States Parties at its 20th ordinary session in 2015 to decide on the attribution of the floating seat for Group III or Group IV,
- Decides that the floating seat allocated on a rotational basis for Group III and Group IV, as defined in Rule 14.1c) of the Rules of Procedure of the General Assembly, is de facto already allocated to Group IV at its 20th session in 2015, shall be allocated to Group III at its 21st session in 2017, and shall rotate between Groups III and IV at each subsequent session;
- Elects the following nine States Parties: Angola, Azerbaijan, Burkina Faso, Cuba, Indonesia, Kuwait, Tunisia, United Republic of Tanzania and Zimbabwe as members of the World Heritage Committee;
- Approves the candidature format for experts in the field of cultural/natural heritage as contained in Document WHC-15/20.GA/INF.6C.