Decision : 6 EXT.COM 4
Policy and legal issues concerning inscription of properties on the List of Lorld Leritage in Danger and the potential deletion of properties from the World Heritage List
The World Heritage Committee,
- Decides to maintain in the revised Operational Guidelines existing text from the July 2002 Operational Guidelines concerning:
- reactive monitoring (paragraph 68),
- the development of a programme of corrective measures (paragraphs 22, 46b, 86, 87 and 89),
- inscription on the List of World Heritage in Danger (paragraphs 80-93) and,
- possible deletion from the World Heritage List (paragraphs 46-56).
- Requests the World Heritage Centre to re-order the text in the revised Operational Guidelines to ensure a logical and consistent presentation of the procedures for management and monitoring, reactive monitoring of the state of conservation of World Heritage properties, inscription on the List of World Heritage in Danger and deletion from the World Heritage List.
Decision Code: 6 EXT.COM 4
Themes: Credibility of the World Heritage List, Inscriptions on the World Heritage List, List of World Heritage in Danger