Dja Faunal Reserve (Cameroon)
The World Heritage Committee ,
1. Recalling that requests have been made by the Committee and its Bureau to the State Party to take urgent actions to stop illegal poaching in the Reserve and to implement the recommendations of the Sangmelima workshop ("Participative Management and Sustainable Development", 23 - 26 March, 1998, organised by World Heritage Centre),;
2. Noting that the State Party has renewed efforts to improve the management of Dja Faunal Reserve by drafting a management plan,;
3. Welcomes the actions being undertaken by the State Party to implement the recommendations of the Sangmelima workshop, requested by various sessions of the Committee and the Bureau within the framework of the Periodic Report;
4. Requests the State Party to submit a copy of the draft management plan to the World Heritage Centre and IUCN by 1 February 2004 for their review in order that the World Heritage Committee can examine the state of conservation of the property at its 28th session in 2004;
5. Expresses appreciation for the support provided under the Netherlands Funds- iIn- Trust agreement with UNESCO to assist Cameroon to undertake actions recommended by the Committee for the protection of Dja Faunal Reserve, including the rapid assessment of biodiversity of the property.
 Decision adopted without discussion