Nominations of Cultural Properties to the World Heritage List (The Old Bridge area of the Old City of Mostar)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Documents WHC-05/29.COM/8B, WHC-05/29.COM/8B.Add 2 and WHC-05/29.COM/INF.8B.1,
2. Recalling the Decisions adopted by the Bureau of the World Heritage Committee at its 23rd session (UNESCO, 1999), at its 23rd extraordinary session (Marrakech, 1999), and at its 24th session (UNESCO, 2000) and also recalling the Decision adopted at its 24th session (Cairns, 2000) and Decision 27 COM 8C.33 adopted at its 27th session (UNESCO, 2003),
3. Inscribes the Old City of Mostar (Bosnia and Herzegovina) on the World Heritage List on the basis of cultural criterion (vi):
Criterion (vi): With the "renaissance" of the Old Bridge and its surroundings, the symbolic power and meaning of the City of Mostar - as an exceptional and universal symbol of coexistence of communities from diverse cultural, ethnic and religious backgrounds - has been reinforced and strengthened, underlining the unlimited efforts of human solidarity for peace and powerful co-operation in the face of overwhelming catastrophes.
4. Recognizes the exceptional multicultural architectural features of the Old Bridge Area of the Old City of Mostar and its satisfactory interrelationship with the landscape, as well as the high quality, the skill and the technical refinement of the restoration of the ancient constructions, in particular the Old Bridge;
5. Requests to change the name of the property to "The Old Bridge area of the Old City of Mostar", so that it reflects more properly the situation of the nominated area;
6. Also requests the State Party of Bosnia and Herzegovina to fully and carefully implement measures laid down in the recently adopted management plan, and also to apply these approaches to the wider setting of the Old City in factors such as scientific and archaeological research, restoration, new uses and continuous monitoring.