Examination of nominations
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-11/35.COM/8B.Add,
2. Recalling Decision 31 COM 10 adopted at its 31st session (Christchurch, 2007);
3. Decides to re-establish the practice of examining two complete nominations per State Party per year provided that at least one of such nominations concerns a natural property or cultural landscapes;
4. Also decides to amend paragraph 61(a) of the Operational Guidelines accordingly, which takes effect on 2 February 2012, in order to ensure a smooth transition period for all States Parties;
5. Further decides that it will review the impact of this decision at its 39th session in 2015;
6. Encourages States Parties to submit draft nominations by 30 September to ensure that nominations have the best opportunity of being considered complete by the deadline of 1February.