35 COM 8B.47
Natural Properties - Examination of minor boundary modifications - The Wadden Sea (Germany / Netherlands)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Documents WHC-11/35.COM/8B.Add and WHC-11/35.COM/INF.8B2,
2. Recalling Decision 33 COM 8B.4;
3. Approves the minor boundary modification of The Wadden Sea, Germany / Netherlands, to include the Hamburg Wadden Sea National Park (13,611 ha), in order to strengthen the integrity of the inscribed property and support its effective protection and management;
4. Notes with appreciation that the Hamburg Wadden Sea National Park is already fully subject to the agreements and decisions made in the framework of the Trilateral Wadden Sea cooperation, as detailed in the original nomination dossier for the Wadden Sea;
5. Encourages the State Parties to continue to strengthen their transboundary collaboration in managing the property, and with the State Party of Denmark, to consider the potential for nomination of an extension of the property to include the Danish Wadden Sea, taking into account the Committee's recommendations at the time of inscription of the property on the World Heritage List.