Decision : 28 COM 15B.95
28 COM 15B.95
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Thanking the authorities of the Russian Federation for their continued commitment to analyze conservation problems of the Church of the Transfiguration through the holding of workshops,
2. Notes with concern the lack of funding and hereby lack of commitment by the Russian Federation for the conservation project without which the threats to this property remain severe and unimpaired;
3. Regrets that the State Party did not provide a progress report as requested by the Committee (Decision 27 COM 7B.74);
4. Urges the authorities of the Russian Federation to collaborate closely with the Advisory Bodies and the World Heritage Centre regarding the developments of the conservation works;
5. Requests the State Party to submit, by 1 February 2005, a report on the commitment of the necessary funds to carry out the work plan for 2004 and 2005 as well as on the progress made in the conservation works with information on the impact of interventions of the conservation works, in order that the World Heritage Committee can examine the state of conservation of the property at its 29th session in 2005.