Decision : 28 COM 15B.53
28 COM 15B.53
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined the state of conservation of the property, the progress made by the national authorities since the previous session of the World Heritage Committee, and the findings and recommendations of the two UNESCO missions in October 2002 and February 2003,
2. Encouraging the State Party, the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies to maintain efforts to plan and implement enhanced conservation measures for the property,
3. Decides to defer consideration for the inscription of the property on the List of World Heritage in Danger until the 29th session of the World Heritage Committee in 2005, in light of the findings and recommendations of the UNESCO missions, to enable the State Party to undertake corrective measures to reverse the negative impact of the work undertaken on the property;
4. Requests the World Heritage Centre, the UNESCO Dhaka Office, the Regional Advisor for Culture in Asia and the Pacific and the Advisory Bodies to provide technical support to the State Party in the implementation of the corrective measures;
5. Further requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2005, a report on the state of conservation of the property and on the progress achieved in the implementation of the recommendations of the UNESCO missions for examination by the Committee at its 29th session in 2005.