Tentative Lists submitted by States Parties as of 15 April 2009, in conformity with the Operational Guidelines
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having Examined Document WHC-09/33.COM/8A,
2. Recalling Decisions 31 COM 8.1 and 32 COM 8A adopted at its 31st (Christchurch, 2007); and 32nd (Quebec City, 2008) sessions respectively,
3. Stressing the importance of the process of revision and updating of Tentative Lists, as a tool for the regional harmonization of the World Heritage List and of long term planning of its development;
4. Takes note of the Tentative Lists presented in Annexes 2 and 3 of this document;
5. Also takes note that several States Parties (including, among others, Afghanistan, Brazil, Israel, Libya, Oman, Paraguay, São Tomé e Principe and Uruguay) are currently preparing revised or updated Tentative Lists;
6. Decides to adjourn the discussion on these matters to its 34th session in 2010.