33 COM 7B.92
Fertö / Neusiedlersee Cultural Landscape (Austria/Hungary) (C 772 rev)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-09/33.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 31 COM 7B.107, adopted at its 31st session (Christchurch, 2007),
3. Notes with appreciation the States Parties' joint efforts and activities and welcomes the fact that the controversial heart clinic project has been abandoned;
4. Also notes the development of Construction Guidelines, however expresses its concern that these appear to be encouraging development that is larger in scale than the existing vernacular buildings and would allow development in inappropriate locations and may impact on the Outstanding Universal Value of the property;
5. Requests the State Party of Austria to re-assess the Construction Guidelines to ensure that they respect the form and scale of traditional buildings, do not encourage development on open land, and are based on zoning that reflects the attributes of this cultural landscape, and submit them to the World Heritage Centre for review by the Advisory Bodies.