The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-09/33.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 32 COM 7B.72, adopted at its 32nd session (Quebec City, 2008);
3. Acknowledges the steps taken by the State Party to implement the decisions of the World Heritage Committee in particular with regard to the proposed extension of the property to include the Historical Axis of Esfahan;
4. Regrets that no further progress has been made in the reduction of the height of the Jahan-Nama building despite the repeated assurance provided by the State Party in the past years, and urges the authorities to complete its reduction by the proposed two floors as soon as possible;
5. Also urges the authorities to carry out the Environmental Impact Assessment of the metro line project as a matter of priority and to submit the findings to the World Heritage Centre for review by the Advisory Bodies in advance of the project moving forward;
6. Requests the State Party to invite a joint World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS reactive monitoring mission to the property, to advise on the issue of the metro line once the Environmental Impact Assessment has been completed;
7. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2010 a report on the progress made in reducing the height of the Jahan-Nama Commercial complex tower and in the proposed metro line project, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 34th session in 2010.