World Heritage properties in Beijing (China)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-09/33.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 31 COM 7B.78, adopted at its 31st session (Christchurch, 2007),
3. Expresses its appreciation for the organization of the International Seminar on Conservation of Painted Surfaces on Wooden Structures in East Asia (29 October - 2 November 2008), carried out in order to improve knowledge on the restoration of polychromy within East Asia, as well as to strengthen the theoretical framework for conservation decision-making, notably in relation to the authenticity of World Heritage properties;
4. Notes the special efforts of the State Party to strengthen conservation of the World Heritage properties in Beijing, including the development of conservation plans for the World Heritage properties of the Temple of Heaven and the Summer Palace in Beijing, and the Imperial Palaces of the Ming and Qing Dynasties;
5. Requests the State Party to provide three printed and electronic copies of each of the three Conservation Master Plans to the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies.