The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-09/33.COM/7B,
2. Acknowledges the detailed report and environmental impact assessment (EIA) according to international standards provided by the State Party on the cable car project consisting of three stations of which one station is located within the inscribed property;
3. Notes with concern that the EIA did not directly consider the Outstanding Universal Value of the property as a key consideration in its evaluation of the project;
4. Requests that the State Party carry out a rapid assessment of the possible impacts of the project on the Outstanding Universal Value of the property, and to take these fully into account at each implementation phase of the project;
5. Also notes the information on improving the interpretation, education facilities and visitor information at the property, including an interpretation centre to be created in line with the decision adopted by the World Heritage Committee at its 23rd session (Marrakesh 1999);
6. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2010, an updated report on the completion of the cable car project, the rapid assessment on impacts on the Outstanding Universal Value of the property, as well as the implementation of the interpretation centre and the monitoring system for the property, for review by the World Heritage Centre and IUCN.