Decision : 32 COM 5
Report of the World Heritage Centre on its activities and the implementationof the World Heritage Committee's decisions
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Documents WHC-08/32.COM/5, WHC-08/32.COM/INF.5A and WHC-08/32.COM/INF.5C,
2. Recalling Decision 31 COM 5.1 adopted at its 31st session (Christchurch, 2007),
3. Takes note with appreciation of the results of the activities undertaken by the World Heritage Centre over the past year in pursuit of its five Strategic Objectives, and in particular the work underway to fully integrate local communities in every aspect of World Heritage site conservation and management;
4. Further notes with appreciation the results of the activities of IUCN, ICOMOS and ICCROM over the past year in support of the implementation of the Convention;
5. Notes that there are a range of emerging issues relating to workload, resourcing, governance and future challenges for the operation of the World Heritage Committee and the World Heritage Convention that would benefit from further exploration with the results of initial work to be discussed at the 33rd session of the World Heritage Committee.
6. Requests the World Heritage Centre to present at the 33rd session of the World Heritage Committee a summary statement of the issues addressed during the year and recommendations for improving the work of the Centre for the consideration of the Committee.