Report on the reinforced monitoring mechanism
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7.3,
2. Recalling Decision 31 COM 5.2 adopted at its 31st session (Christchurch, 2007),
3. Notes the information provided on the activities carried out under the Reinforced Monitoring mechanism;
4. Requests, in light of the report on the implementation of the Reinforced Monitoring mechanism, the World Heritage Centre to develop a protocol for implementing the mechanism, to address:
a) the frequency of reporting;
b) the expected results of reporting;
c) the distribution of reports;
d) cost estimates and budget management.
for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 33rd session in 2009;
5. Decides to allocate an amount of 50,000 USD for the implementation of the Reinforced Monitoring mechanism from the World Heritage Fund for 2008-2009.