The World Heritage Committee,
1. Taking note of the detailed report on the damage caused to the Timbuktu property by the floods in August 2003, which the UNESCO mission in January 2003 confirmed, as well as of the approval by the Chairperson of the Committee of the emergency assistance request submitted by the State Party,
2. Thanks the Italian government for its support in the organisation of the seminar on the management of World Heritage properties in Mali and on the rehabilitation of the earthen architecture of Timbuktu;
3. Encourages the State Party to carry out, as swiftly as possible, repair work on the three mosques of Djingareyber, Sankoré and Sidi Yahia, as well as on the 16 mausoleums, provided for in the framework of the emergency assistance;
4. Urges the State Party to develop a Conservation and Management Plan as recommended by ICOMOS;
5. Invites the international partners to support the Timbuktu earthen architecture rehabilitation project;
6. Decides to retain Timbuktu on the List of World Heritage in Danger.