The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B,
2. Regrets the MSC Napoli accident in the English Channel impacting on the World Heritage property of the Dorset and East Devon Coast;
3. Welcomes the rapid response by the British authorities and the detailed reports and briefings provided to the World Heritage Centre;
4. Requests the State Party to keep the World Heritage Centre informed on any further potential impact on the property and on lessons learnt in the implementation of the Risk Preparedness plan;
5. Also requests the State Party to consider requesting designation as an Area to be Avoided (ATBA), and precautionary measure associated with Particularly Sensitive Sea Area (PSSA) under the International Maritime Organisation (IMO).