The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7B.103, adopted during its 29th session (Durban, 2005),
3. Notes with satisfaction the determination of the Ministry for Culture to continue with the actions proposed in the framework of the pilot project "Safeguarding and Development of Four World Heritage Cities in Mauritania" for heritage conservation and sustainable development of the ancient cities and encourages the State Party to integrate these actions with all the ongoing reforms in support of the transformation of Mauritanian society, whilst devoting particular attention to the safeguarding of the values of authenticity of the caravan cities;
4. Urges the State Party to complete and adopt the master plans and safeguarding and management plans for the four cities, and to pursue the establishment of legal instruments and regulations;
5. Requests the State Party to reinforce the management capacities, and the human and financial resources of the responsible body (FNSVA) as well as the local communities;
6. Recommends that the State Party requests a joint World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS mission to evaluate the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the recommendations made during the pilot project;
7. Further requests the State Party to submit, before 1 February 2007, a progress report on the activities undertaken for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 31st session in 2007.