The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Noting with great concern that the Island of Mozambique continues to be threatened by the serious degradation of its historical monuments, the lack of a detailed architectural survey, the lack of conservation, management and planning mechanism, capacity and sanitation problems,
3. Further noting the results of the joint World Heritage Centre/African Development Bank (AfDB) mission for developing a sustainable development programme for the World Heritage property,
4. Strongly encourages the State Party to appoint a site manager, to complete the conservation and management plan and to identify appropriate governance processes and structures;
5. Requests the State Party to submit a report to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2007, on the progress made in the rehabilitation of the San Sebastian Fortress, the development of the UNESCO-AfDB Programme, and the finalization of the conservation and management plan, for the consideration by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007;
6. Further requests the State Party to invite an ICOMOS mission to the property in 2007 with the view to evaluate the state of conservation of property and to make recommendations to the Committee for consideration at its 31st session in 2007.