State of Conservation (Lamu Old Town)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7B.35, adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005),
3. Commends the State Party for the successful efforts of the persons responsible locally of the conservation, who brought improvements in this field in the course of the last year, particularly the establishment of a well staffed World Heritage secretariat for Lamu;
4. Invites the State Party to implement the principal recommendations of the Committee at its 28th and 29th sessions (management plan, buffer zone extension, improvement to sanitation, water supply, and waste management) have not been implemented;
5. Calls upon international donors to provide financial and technical support to the State Party to improve the state of conservation of the property;
6. Requests the State Party to provide to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2007, a progress report on the implementation of the recommendations made by the Committee at its 28th and 29th sessions, for review by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007.