The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Commends the State Party for the implementation of a Supplementary Tasmanian Regional Forest Agreement, and recent efforts to increase the protection of old growth forests adjacent to the World Heritage property, thus increasing the buffer zone in certain areas;
3. Notes the concerns expressed by NGOs in relation to the impacts of logging adjacent to the World Heritage property and the potential for this activity to compromise options for future extensions to the World Heritage property;
4. Requests the State Party to submit a revised map of the World Heritage property, showing the areas of extended buffer zone and identifying other use zones directly adjacent to the boundary;
5. Notes that the World Heritage Centre has written to the State Party seeking comments on outstanding NGO concerns and that the State Party has indicated its willingness to provide a full response;
6. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2007 a report on progress on the issues identified.