State of Conservation (Golden Mountains of Altai)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B.Add,
2. Recalling Decisions 22 COM/A1 and 25 COMIII.120-121 adopted at its 22nd (Kyoto, 1998) and 25th (Helsinki, 2001) sessions respectively,
3. Notes with great concern that a pipeline project across the World Heritage property of the Golden Mountains of Altai is being considered;
4. Regrets that the State Party did not provide any information in compliance with paragraph 172 of the Operational Guidelines;
5. Recalls its request at its 22nd session (Kyoto, 1998) to the State Party to start a co-operative process with neighbouring States Parties to consider a possible transboundary extension of the World Heritage property;
6. Also requests the State Party to keep the World Heritage Centre informed of any development plans that will impact on the World Heritage property and to provide the World Heritage Centre with a report by 1 February 2007 on the state of conservation of the property, including any pipeline or road constructions, for examination by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007.