The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decisions 27 COM 7B.13 and 28 COM 15B.13, adopted at its 27th (Paris, 2003) and 28th (Suzhou, 2004) sessions respectively,
3. Commends the State Party and Ha Long Bay Management Authority for their continued efforts in addressing key issues in and around the property and for submitting a detailed response to the concerns raised over the state of conservation of the property;
4. Urges the State Party and the Ha Long Bay Management Authority to continue their efforts to relieve or resolve the economic development pressures on the property and its buffer zone in close cooperation with other authorities concerned;
5. Encourages the State Party to submit a request for international assistance from the World Heritage Fund for capacity building of the staff of the Ha Long Bay Management Authority to strengthen their management capacity;
6. Calls upon the international donor community to provide further financial and technical support for the conservation and management of the property;
7. Requests the State Party to submit a report to the World Heritage Centre by 1February 2007 on the potential impacts of the Cam Pha cement plant and the proposed extension of the Cai Lan Port on the property as well as any other important changes in the state of conservation of the property, for examination by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007.