This complex was built in 1811, but burned down in 1947. The local authorities wanted it to be reconstructed exactly as before on the basis of the surviving plans and documents. The western and eastern pavilions, which were fortunately preserved, were fully restored in 1990-1991.
Once this building has been rebuilt, the whole site will recover its significance and the axis of the Forbidden Purple City and the Imperial City will be re-established.
This complex is intended to house the National Library.