Extended 44th session of the World Heritage Committee
Fuzhou (China)/Online meeting
16-31 July 2021
The extended 44th session of the World Heritage Committee is organized by UNESCO in cooperation with the Host Country, the People’s Republic of China.
The session was presided over from Fuzhou by His Excellency Mr Tian Xuejun, Vice Minister of Education and Chairperson of the National Commission of the People's Republic of China for UNESCO, Chairperson of the extended 44th session of World Heritage Committee.
Photographs of newly inscribed sites
Working and information documents for the extended 44th session in the 2 working languages of the Committee (English and French).
The opening ceremony was held in Fuzhou at Fuzhou Strait Culture and Art Center. The closing ceremony was held at Fuzhou Strait International Conference & Exhibition Center.
Access your Personal
A “personal center “ developed by the Host Country of the extended 44th session and available on its website may be used to help you access various events and more.
District San Fang Qi Xiang (三坊七巷), China
All those wishing to attend the extended 44th session of the Committee, whether as a delegate of a Delegation member of the Committee or as an Observer, are strongly advised to register no later than 1 July 2021.
The extended 44th session of the World Heritage Committee was held online from 16 to 31 July 2021, with a break on 20 July 2021. The daily plenary sessions of the Committee took place from 11:30 am to 3:30 pm (UTC+2 Paris time).
Australia, Bahrain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, China, Egypt, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Hungary, Kyrgyzstan, Mali, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Russian Federation, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Thailand, Uganda
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||2017-2021||2021|
|Saint Kitts and Nevis||2017-2021||2021|
- Launch of an online consultation concerning the perception of the List of World Heritage in Danger 19-Aug-2021
- International Youth Day - World Heritage hand-in-hand with sustainable livelihoods 12-Aug-2021
- Looking into the future: Highlights of the Regional Action Plan for Africa (2021‐2027) 03-Aug-2021
- Danube Limes added to UNESCO’s World Heritage List closing this year’s inscriptions 30-Jul-2021
- World Heritage Committee inscribes four cultural and one natural site on UNESCO’s World Heritage List 28-Jul-2021
- Press conference - Extended 44th session of the World Heritage Committee 18-Jul-2021-18-Jul-2021
- World Heritage Site Managers' Forum 2021 07-Jul-2021-13-Jul-2021
- Information meeting "Budget briefing and overview of budget document" 28-Jun-2021
- Online Information meeting for States Parties to the World Heritage Convention on the updating of the 2007 Policy Document on the impacts of climate change on World Heritage properties 18-Jun-2021
- Information and Orientation session for the extended 44th session of the World Heritage Committee 15-Jun-2021
- Online Information meeting for all Permanent Delegations regarding the 44th session of the World Heritage Committee 30-Sep-2020
- Shuri-jô site – UNESCO Online Meeting Reviews Important Progress on Recovery from Fire at World Heritage Property 05-Jun-2020
- Balancing development and conservation in Grand-Bassam (Côte d’Ivoire)
- Community-led urban planning in Durham (United Kingdom)
- Establishing a dialogue between site management and residents in the Historic Centre of Salzburg (Austria)
- Setting up a World Heritage management framework in Kyiv (Ukraine)
- Young Professionals Forum 2021