Towards an Action Plan for World Heritage in Latin America and the Caribbean 2014-2024
With the support of the Government of Brazil, through the Instituto do Patrimônio Histórico e Artístico Nacional (IPHAN), the Latin America and the Caribbean Unit of the World Heritage Centre convene a meeting for Latin America and the Caribbean Region (LAC) in view of the elaboration of a plan of action for World Heritage for the next decade. This Regional Meeting has also benefited from the active support of the Lucio Costa Center and UNESCO Office in Brasilia.
This action plan will be the result of the Second Cycle Periodic Report exercise for LAC and will respond to Decision 37COM 10A adopted at the 37th session (Phnom Penh, 2013) of the World Heritage Committee, by which the World Heritage Centre was asked to develop a Regional Action Plan, in collaboration with the States Parties, Advisory Bodies, National Focal Points and Category 2 Centres (Decision 37 COM.10A).
The main objective of this important meeting will be to develop the Regional Action Plan for 2014-2024, to be submitted for approval at the World Heritage Committee at its 38th session (Doha, Qatar, 15-25 June 2014).
This meeting constitutes a crucial step in achieving the proposed objectives of the Periodic Reporting exercise, not only in generating a platform for discussion to identify priority lines of action at the national, regional and sub-regional levels, but also in defining specific activities relating to conservation, capacity-building and regional cooperation that reflect the region’s needs and specificities in terms of World Heritage.
- 01PROGRAMME PROV_EN.pdf
- 01PROGRAMME PROV_FR.pdf
- 10A: Final Report on the results of the second cycle of the Periodic Reporting Exercise for Latin American and the Caribbean
- Global Strategy WHC
- LAC Regional Action Plan - 2004.pdf
- Natural World Heritage in LAC 2013
- Reflection on the future of the Convention.pdf
- UNESCO. General Conference; 37th; Draft Medium-term Strategy, 2014-2021
States Parties (1)
Committee Sessions (2)
- Preparations are being completed in Chile for the final meeting of the Second Cycle of the Periodic Reporting Exercise for LAC Thursday, November 8, 2012
- Preparatory Meeting for Latin American Periodic Reporting draws to a close Wednesday, September 8, 2010
- Caribbean Sub Regional Meeting for Periodic Reporting Exercise Apr 4, 2011-Apr 6, 2011
- Sub-Regional Meeting for South America Second Cycle of the Periodic Reporting Exercise for Latin America and the Caribbean (Brazil) Feb 9, 2012-Feb 11, 2012
- Sub-Regional Meeting for the Caribbean Second Cycle of the Periodic Reporting Exercise for Latin America and the Caribbean (Dominican Republic) Feb 15, 2012-Feb 17, 2012
- Sub-Regional Meeting for Central America, Second Cycle of the Periodic Reporting Exercise for Latin America and the Caribbean, Zacatecas, Mexico Mar 12, 2012-Mar 14, 2012
- Final Meeting of the Second Cycle of the Periodic Reporting Exercise for Latin America and the Caribbean, 3-5 December 2012, Santiago, Chile Dec 2, 2012-Dec 5, 2012