The General Assembly,
- Having examined Document WHC/19/22.GA/8,
- Takes note of the status of implementation of the recommendations of the working group on governance as endorsed by the General Conference in 2017 as presented in Document WHC/18/42.COM/12B;
- Recalls the work already undertaken with a view to assess, improve and streamline the working methods of the governing bodies of the World Heritage Convention and its of related Resolutions 20 GA 11 and 21 GA 8 as well as Decisions 40 COM 13B, 41 COM 12B and 42 COM 12 in the framework of Resolutions 38 C/101, 39 C/70, 39 C/87 of the General Conference related to governance;
- Notes with satisfaction that Sub-Group 2 of the open-ended working group of the General Conference highlighted the appropriate methods of work of the Secretariat of the World Heritage Convention and the good working practices, including the work of the intersessional ad-hoc working group established by the Committee in 2014 was also recognized as a good practice;
- Also notes with satisfaction that its recommendation to consider broadening the composition of the ad-hoc working group and to envisage opening meetings to all States Parties was taken into consideration by the World Heritage Committee;
- Further recalls that reflection on issues related to working methods by the ad-hoc working group is still ongoing;
- Decides to pursue the reflection and efforts towards implementation of relevant recommendations for the governing bodies of the World Heritage Convention and recalls its commitment to work jointly with other concerned governing bodies towards implementation of general recommendations addressed to all international and intergovernmental bodies.