The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/19/43.COM/7B,
- Recalling Decision 41 COM 7B.85, adopted at its 41st session (Krakow, 2017),
- Reiterates its requests to the State Party to implement a formal extension to the buffer zone of the Jabal Umm Sinman component of 1.0 to 1.5 kilometres to the west and south, in order to prevent any visual impact on the integrity of the property;
- Notes with concern the failure of some of the masking work due to neglect and intentional damage;
- Requests the State Party provide a report on planned and ongoing projects related to the masking work, visitor infrastructure and monitoring in the context of the property’s Management Plan, including a timeframe for their implementation;
- Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 December 2020, an updated report on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 45th session in 2021.