The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B.Add,
2. Recalling Decision 31 COM 7B.126, adopted at its 31st session (Christchurch 2007),
3. Also recalling the recommendations of the previous monitoring missions of 1999, 2003 and 2005,
4. Notes the interest of the State Party in continuing to build an alternate airport to access the archaeological site and invites the State Party, in accordance with Paragraph 172 of the Operational Guidelines to submit detailed information on the definitive location and plans for construction and operations, accompanied by the official Environmental Impact Assessment and archaeological/cultural impact study from the National Institute of Anthropology and History (IHAH);
5. Encourages the State Party to finalise the management plan and to provide three printed and electronic copies of the resulting document for review by the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies, prior to its implementation;
6. Invites the State Party to also submit the management plan for the Rio Amarillo site to the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies to examine its potential articulation with the Copan management plan;
7. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2009, a detailed report on the state of conservation of the property and on the progress made in the implementation of the above recommendations, for the examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 33rd session in 2009.