The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B.Add;
2. Expresses its deep concern about the impact of the reconstruction of the Compañía de Jesús tower on the Outstanding Universal Value of the property;
3. Requests the State Party to make a clear and unequivocal commitment to cease the reconstruction of the tower of the Jesuit Church so as to maintain the authenticity of the property;
4. Urges the State Party to suspend work on the rehabilitation project for the Palacio Legislativo y Centro Cívico and revise it so as to remove any potential adverse impact on the Outstanding Universal Value and authenticity of the property;
5. Also requests the State Party, in consultation with the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies, to develop a draft Statement of Outstanding Universal Value including the conditions of integrity and authenticity, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 33rd session in 2009;
6. Further requests the State Party to invite a joint World Heritage Centre / ICOMOS Reactive Monitoring mission to Quito to re-evaluate the above-mentioned interventions in the framework of the actualization of the 2003 Special Plan for the Centre of Quito;
7. Requests moreoverthe State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2009, a report on the state of conservation of the property, for consideration at the 33rd session of the World Heritage Committee in 2009.