Factors affecting the property in 1986*
- Air transport infrastructure
- Financial resources
- Management systems/ management plan
International Assistance: requests for the property until 1986
Total amount approved : 28,200 USD
|1986||Consultant services to advise on the eradication of ... (Approved)||7,200 USD|
|1982||Equipment for warden station in Aldabra Atoll (Approved)||21,000 USD|
Missions to the property until 1986**
Conservation issues presented to the World Heritage Committee in 1986
The Seychelles Island Foundation (SIF) has reported that lack of funds for management may require that facilities be developed on the island which could include an airstrip.
While not necessarily resulting in severe detrimental impacts, commercial tourism development can bring with it a host of management problems and concern for careful planning to ensure minimal impacts should be registered with the SIF.
Decisions adopted by the Committee in 1986
10 COM IX.A.14-15
Monitoring of the State of Conservation of the World Heritage Natural Properties
14. As in previous years, IUCN reported on the conservation of natural properties inscribed on the World Heritage List and the List of World Heritage in Danger. An information document (CC-86/CONF.003/INF.4) prepared by IUCN presented up-to-date information on some 16 natural properties.
15. The Committee was glad to learn of improvements or of a stabilisation in the previously deteriorating situation of certain properties, notably Djoudj National Park (Senegal), Ngorongoro Conservation area (Tanzania) and Garamba National Park (Zaire) (all inscribed on the List of World Heritage in Danger). Improvements were also noted for the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park (Australia), Pirin National Park (Bulgaria), Manas Tiger Reserve (India), Niokolo Koba National Park (Senegal) and Aldabra Atoll (Seychelles). The Committee requested IUCN to keep it informed of the conservation status of Iguazu and Los Glaciares National Parks (Argentina), Mt. Nimba (Guinea/Côte d'Ivoire) and Ichkeul National Park (Tunisia).
10 COM XI.36
Requests for International Assistance
36. In accordance with the revised procedure, the Committee also approved the following four requests which had been kept in obeyance either due to lack of funds under the 1986 budget or to receipt after the deadline:
- Equipment for conservation measures in Tassili N'Ajjer National Park
- Consultant services to advise on the eradication of feral goats in Aldabra Atoll and equipment
Peru - $35,400
- Financial support for the implementation of the management plan for Huascaran National Park - $30,100
- Support for associated training activities for park wardens - $5,300
Peru - 34,500
- Financial support for the implementation of the management plan for Machu Pichu Historical Sanctuary - $26,500
- Support for associated training activities - $8,000
No draft decision proposed
The threats indicated are listed in alphabetical order; their order does not constitute a classification according to the importance of their impact on the property.
Furthermore, they are presented irrespective of the type of threat faced by the property, i.e. with specific and proven imminent danger (“ascertained danger”) or with threats which could have deleterious effects on the property’s Outstanding Universal Value (“potential danger”).