Provision of equipment for the safeguarding Cracow's Historic Centre
32. On the basis of the recommendations of the Bureau and the report of the working group, the Committee approved the following technical co-operation requests:
- Cyprus - Paphos (request n°79.1) $54,000
- Egypt - Historic Centre of Cairo (request n°89.1(2)) $30,000
- Malta - Hal Saflieni Hypogeum (request n°130.1) $9,000
- Malta - City of Valetta and the Temples of Ggantija (request n°131.1/132.1.) $3,250
- Poland - Historic Centre of Cracow (request n°29.1) $75,000
- Senegal - Island of Gorée (request n°26.1) $40,700
- Syria - Old City of Damascus (request n°20.1 Rev.) $67,800
Sub-total for technical co-operation requests concerning cultural properties: $279,750
- Ethiopia - Simien National Park (request n°9.1) $113,450
- Guinea - Nimba Strict Nature Reserver (request n°155.1) $70,300
- Nepal - Sagarmatha National Park (request n°120.1) $54,900
- Tanzania - African Wildlife College at Mweka (assistance to a regional training centre) $60,000
- Tunisia - Ichkeul National Park (request n°8.1) $30,000
Sub-total for technical co-operation requests concerning natural properties: $328,650
The Committee also approved an additional amount of 152,100 dollars for small projects. Thus the total budget for technical co-operation amounts to 760,500 dollars.Read more about the decision
14. The Bureau examined the deferred and new requests received from the States Parties to the Convention and made the following recommendations to the Committee.
A. Technical Co-operation requests projects recommended for approval
- Malta - Hal Saflieni Hypogeum (request n°130.1)
The Bureau recommended that the Committee grant technical co-operation consisting of equipment and one month's consultant mission for a total amount of $9,000 to help with the preservation of the Hal Saflieni Hypogeum.
- Malta - Ggantija and Valetta (request n°131.1/132.1)
The Bureau recommended that the Committee grant technical co-operation consisting of a two-week consultant mission to advise on setting up a stone research and conservation unit necessary for the preservation of Ggantija and Valletta, at a cost of $3,250.
- Poland - Cracow's Historic Centre (request n°29.1)
The Bureau recommended that technical co-operation in the form of equipment, the cost of which amounts to $75,500, be granted to Poland for the safeguarding of Cracow's Historic Centre.
- Syrian Arab Republic - City of Damascus (request n°20.1 revised)
The Bureau recommended that the Committee grant technical co-operation amounting to $120,000 in the form of equipment and financial assistance for conservation work in the City of Damascus.Read more about the decision