A conference-workshop for French-speaking journalists ‘Journalism and World Heritage: a new look at heritage', is being organised following the success of the first session in May 2005 in Quebec.
The session is being organized by the UNESCO World Heritage Centre in association with:
- the City of Luxembourg, World Heritage City and 2007 European capital of Culture;
- the University of Luxembourg (Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education);
- Laval University (Canada), UNESCO Chair in Cultural Heritage;
- the Greater Transboundary Region of Luxembourg and neighbouring regions in Germany, Belgium and France;
- the Organization of World Heritage Cities (OWHC).
The conference-workshop will have two principal objectives:
- to improve participating journalists' knowledge about the conservation and protection of World Heritage;
- to deepen participants' understanding of heritage as a holistic and interdisciplinary concept, using the historic richness and distinctive features of Luxembourg and the Greater Transboundary Region as the basis.
Participants will also learn more about the European network of heritage journalists launched on 24 September 2007.