“World Heritage governance – Being prepared to manage change and continuity”
Site managers of World Heritage sites from around the world are invited to this year’s World Heritage Site Managers Forum (WHSMF), held in the occasion of the 44th session of the World Heritage Committee meeting.
Applicants from natural, cultural and mixed World Heritage properties are welcome to apply to the fourth edition of this global event. The initiative aims to empower and create opportunities for site managers by expanding their networks and exchanging knowledge and experiences at an international level.
With the extended 44th session of the World Heritage Committee meeting due to be held online, this year’s forum will also take place in an online format. The event is jointly organized by the People’s Republic of China, UNESCO World Heritage Centre and the IUCN-ICCROM World Heritage Leadership Programme, in close cooperation with ICOMOS, to continue supporting the capacity building of site managers worldwide.
WHSMF 2021 will cover the following main topics:
- Basics of World Heritage management and available tools
- Management systems, plans and governance arrangements/mechanisms – Understanding the framework and the role of site managers within
- Sustainable development of community & being prepared for change – Gradual, sudden, economic, social and developmental change
- Who to involve for change preparation and how? – stakeholders, rightsholders, community engagement
- Dates: 7 July ‐ 13 July 2021
- Location: Online Zoom platform
- Language: English
- Host country: The People’s Republic of China
- Organisers: The People's Republic of China, UNESCO World Heritage Centre, ICCROM-IUCN World Heritage Leadership Programme
- Partner: ICOMOS