The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/21/44.COM/7B,
- Recalling Decisions 40 COM 8B.21, 41 COM 8B.49 and 42 COM 7B.9, adopted at its 40th (Istanbul/UNESCO, 2016), 41st (Krakow, 2017) and 42nd (Manama, 2018) sessions respectively,
- Requests the State Party to include, as a matter of priority, a section on sustainable tourism management in the integrated management system, with clear objectives related to the Outstanding Universal Value (OUV) of the property, notably its authenticity and integrity, along with relevant monitoring indicators, and to develop measures to monitor and address the potential impact on the Qanats of long-term lifestyle changes and development, which could become an important threat to the safeguarding of the property;
- Also requests the State Party to complete the permanent marking of the boundaries of property components and buffer zones on the ground;
- Further requests the State Party to provide an indication of the expected timeframe(s) for the completion of the above-mentioned actions and submit the overarching sustainable tourism plan to the World Heritage Centre, for review by the Advisory Bodies;
- Requests furthermore the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 December 2022, an updated report on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above for review by the Advisory Bodies.