The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/19/43.COM/7B,
- Recalling Decision 41 COM 7B.60, adopted at its 41st session (Krakow, 2017),
- Expresses its appreciation for the substantive response that the State Party provided to its decisions and recommendations;
- Notes with satisfaction that transitional mechanisms have been introduced for the coordinated management of the property and that advances are being made in the definition of the management model for the property in the context of the Inter-American Development Bank-funded technical cooperation project, and requests the State Party to submit information on its further developments and results as soon as they become available, for review by the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies;
- Also notes with satisfaction that the development plans for Terminal 2 follows the Historic Urban Landscape approach and ICOMOS’ Guidelines for Heritage Impact Assessments for cultural World Heritage properties and welcomes the mitigation and compensation projects that have been proposed;
- Also welcomes the development of “Paseo del Mar” proposal, instead of Puerto Baron commercial project, which may be expected to provide a more adequate relation between the city and the sea, and also requests the State Party to submit the proposals for “Paseo del Mar”, as well as those related to the vehicular access to Terminals 1 and 2, in more detail, together with the appropriate assessment of their impacts on the property and its buffer zone, once they become available, for review by the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies;
- Finally requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 December 2020, an updated report on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 45th session in 2021.