The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Documents WHC/17/41.COM/8B and WHC/17/41.COM/INF.8B1,
- Refers the nomination of Naumburg Cathedral and related sites in the Cultural Landscape of the Rivers Saale and Unstrut, Germany, back to the State Party in order to allow it, with the advice of ICOMOS and the World Heritage Centre, if requested, to:
- Re-scope the nomination by focusing on the given Outstanding Universal Value of Naumburg Cathedral,
- Adjust the boundaries of the nominated property and the management plan,
- Review the Statement of Outstanding Universal Value of Naumburg Cathedral for final adoption by the Committee within three years.