The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/16/40.COM/14,
- Takes note of the status of implementation of the International Assistance request for Atsinanana Forests (Madagascar) approved in 2010 by the Committee and requests the Secretariat to include any relevant information concerning the implementation of this request in the state of conservation reports for this property, to be examined by subsequent sessions of the Committee;
- Also takes note of the report on the implementation of revised timeline for examination of International Assistance requests and decides not to propose any changes in this regard;
- Notes with great concern the low level of the International Assistance budget;
- Warmly thanks the States Parties of Italy, India, the Republic of Korea, Finland, the Philippines and Turkey for their contributions which made possible the funding of several International Assistance requests since 2010;
- Recalling Decision 39 COM 14, paragraph 4, strongly appeals to all States Parties to contribute to the sub-account of the World Heritage Fund for International Assistance by choosing among the options described in Resolution 19 GA 8;
- Commends the World Heritage Centre for its initiative to propose International Assistance requests which have been recommended for approval but not funded due to lack of funding, to potential donors, through a dedicated web-page.